Our Aims and values
We provide quality care, and adopt a practical child-centred approach, where children are respected as individuals and encouraged to learn and develop at their own pace within a home from home environment. Our outstanding care ensures every child’s interests, safety and happiness is central to everything we do.
We offer spaces to children from the age of 2 years old until children go to school at 5 Years old. We are open 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday, term time only with holiday clubs. We follow West Berkshire Council’s School Term dates. If you would like to enquire about our holiday clubs, these can be booked ad-hoc or be confirmed as part of you regular booking pattern. Please ask us about holiday club on enquiry to us. The current choices of sessions are as follows:
8am – 1pm 8am – 3pm 8am – 6pm
9am – 3pm 1pm – 6pm
(Holiday club timings may vary subject to T’s and C’s)
We operate from two very large rooms, one upstairs and one down stairs in the Parish centre, attached to St Mary’s Church in Burghfield. St Mary’s Church has lots of character as it was built in 1843 and provides all who visit the pleasure of it’s beauty. Parents provide healthy snacks and a pack lunch and we provide tea in the afternoons. We use the Montessori way of teaching the children which we feel adds breadth to the children’s learning. We have a wide range of resources which support all 7 areas of learning set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum. Here are some examples:
- Real life props, such as brushes and gardening tools
- Small-world toys to help build a child’s imagination and language skills
- Construction play such as building blocks, to help children develop fine motor skills, spatial awareness and problem solving
- Physical play equipment such as tricycles, balancing beams and tunnels to encourage physical activity
- Creative play to build a child’s imagination, creativity and co-ordination
- Supporting social interaction, including role play, den making, and small group activities
- Yoga sessions
- Music and dance sessions
In addition to the activities indoors, we have a large playground outside with two large sheds filled with exciting activities, the children can also explore and use the church grounds, as well as the use of our minibus for Forest School and our own allotment plot for growing and digging.